ADHD Treatment Cambridge
Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is considered to be a developmental disorder. The disorder typically presents itself during childhood and is characterized by a persistent pattern of inattention and/or hyperactivity as well as forgetfulness, poor impulse control or impulsivity and distractibility. ADHD is most commonly diagnosed in children and, over the past decade, has been increasingly diagnosed in adults. About 60% of children diagnosed with ADHD retain the disorder as adults.
ADHD is a developmental disorder that is often said to be neurological in nature. ADHD has also been classified as a behavioural disorder and a neurological disorder or combinations of these classifications, such as neurobehavioural or neurodevelopmental disorders. These compounded terms are now more frequently used in the field to describe the disorder.
Treatment often involves a combination of behaviour modifications, lifestyle changes and counselling. However, individuals can also benefit from psychotherapy, play therapy and homeopathy. In addition, pharmacological intervention is commonly recommended but is controversial.
Therapies that can help ADHD
- Clinical Psychology treats emotional or mental health problems, including depression, anxiety and panic disorders, eating disorders, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) ... read more
- Comprehensive Functional Blood Test can reveal significant markers for health or disease in a variety of systems in the body and this may lead to further investigation if anything significant arises from testing. ... read more
- Corrective Holistic Exercise Kinesiology The CHEK system is multidisciplinary; therefore, it prioritises your personal programme according to your financial and time commitments to address the areas that will give you the greatest long-term reward. ... read more
- EFT Emotional Freedom Technique is a type of energy psychology therapy where you can release emotional tension through tapping acupuncture points on your face and upper body. The thought behind all forms of energy psychology therapy is that the cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the body’s energy system. ... read more
- Functional Health Care assesses your current health and wellbeing and the practitioner can advise you on the various options available. Your assessment will be thorough and in depth and look at your health, diet, lifestyle, posture, fitness, happiness and coping abilities. ... read more
- Hypnotherapy uses hypnosis as a tool for helping people to achieve greater levels of confidence, better health and increased emotional stability. It is especially recommended for anyone interested in increasing their self-awareness. ... read more
- Kinesiology is quick, gentle and non-invasive form of therapy and will help you discover how your body is feeling about the life you are living. By bringing your attention to how your body is responding it makes it easier to know what is right for you. ... read more
- Psychotherapy promotes self awareness to give you a better understanding of why you think and behave the way you do and, more importantly, how you can change it. ... read more