Backache Treatment Cambridge
Backache is a common problem that can make life anything from uncomfortable to almost impossible. The most common route of treatment using complementary therapies is Osteopathy or Chiropractic, but Massage, Acupuncture, Shiatsu and Zero Balancing are also useful.
The causes of backache may be multiple so you may need to see more than one practitioner in order to gain the relief you need. The most common cause tends to be bad posture leading to strain or other damage to the joints, ligaments or muscles of the spine and its surrounding areas. Improving posture and exercise can also alleviate the problem.
In mind/body therapies, the association depends on the area of the back causing the problem, the neck represents the ability to see the bigger picture; so a stiff or painful neck can indicate a resistance to change, or blinkered/narrow thinking patterns. Problems in the shoulders can relate to responsibility and burdens, in line with the saying “carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders”. If the problem is lower in the back issues of vulnerability are indicted, and you may question if you are you feeling weak or powerless (or even spineless)? The pelvis represents movement, specifically moving forward in life, and problems can arise at life changes, puberty, pregnancy and the menopause, bereavement, job loss/change, children leaving home etc.
Therapies for Help with Backache
- Alexander Technique offers skills to prevent pain & discomfort and to rediscover your natural balance. It is recommended that you have a series of lessons which will allow you to thoroughly understand and absorb the technique which will help you to experience good use and free you from unhelpful habits. ... read more
- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy can enable the body to release areas of restriction in its own way and at its own pace restoring natural rhythms. ... read more
- Bodywork and Movement Therapy is usually a very gentle, subtle and effective therapy that treats and suits a wide variety of problems ... read more
- CKT Chirokinetic Therapy assists with correcting imbalances and redirecting energy to depleted areas. It has been shown to be particularly good at dealing with allergies ... read more
- Corrective Holistic Exercise Kinesiology The CHEK system is multidisciplinary; therefore, it prioritises your personal programme according to your financial and time commitments to address the areas that will give you the greatest long-term reward. ... read more
- Functional Health Care assesses your current health and wellbeing and the practitioner can advise you on the various options available. Your assessment will be thorough and in depth and look at your health, diet, lifestyle, posture, fitness, happiness and coping abilities. ... read more
- Kinesiology is quick, gentle and non-invasive form of therapy and will help you discover how your body is feeling about the life you are living. By bringing your attention to how your body is responding it makes it easier to know what is right for you. ... read more
- Massage Therapy not only provides relaxation and relief to muscle strain and fatigue, a therapeutic massage may improve your health. The many benefits to massage therapy, including physical, emotional, and physiological improvements in the body ... read more
- McTimoney Chiropractic If you suffer with pain in the back, shoulders, neck or general pain, discomfort or stiffness in the joints then you should consider McTimoney Chiropractic treatment. It is suitable for almost everyone including babies, children, pregnant women (except in the first trimester), the elderly, and adults of all ages. ... read more