High Blood Pressure Treatment Cambridge
High blood pressure (hypertension) is usually defined as having a sustained blood pressure of 140/90 mmHg or above.
High blood pressure often causes no symptoms or immediate problems but it is a major risk factor for developing a serious cardiovascular disease (conditions that can affect the circulation of blood around the body), such as a stroke or heart disease.
If you have high blood pressure, your heart has to work harder to pump blood around your body which, over time, can weaken it. In addition, the increased pressure can damage the walls of your arteries, which can either result in a blockage or cause the artery to split (haemorrhage). Both of these situations can cause a stroke.
Therapies for Help with High Blood Pressure
- Acupuncture benefits the improvement of physical health conditions as well as affective disorders and instills a feeling of increased mental clarity ... read more
- CKT Chirokinetic Therapy assists with correcting imbalances and redirecting energy to depleted areas. It has been shown to be particularly good at dealing with allergies ... read more
- Comprehensive Functional Blood Test can reveal significant markers for health or disease in a variety of systems in the body and this may lead to further investigation if anything significant arises from testing. ... read more
- Corrective Holistic Exercise Kinesiology The CHEK system is multidisciplinary; therefore, it prioritises your personal programme according to your financial and time commitments to address the areas that will give you the greatest long-term reward. ... read more
- Functional Health Care assesses your current health and wellbeing and the practitioner can advise you on the various options available. Your assessment will be thorough and in depth and look at your health, diet, lifestyle, posture, fitness, happiness and coping abilities. ... read more
- Massage Therapy not only provides relaxation and relief to muscle strain and fatigue, a therapeutic massage may improve your health. The many benefits to massage therapy, including physical, emotional, and physiological improvements in the body ... read more
- McTimoney Chiropractic If you suffer with pain in the back, shoulders, neck or general pain, discomfort or stiffness in the joints then you should consider McTimoney Chiropractic treatment. It is suitable for almost everyone including babies, children, pregnant women (except in the first trimester), the elderly, and adults of all ages. ... read more
- Osteopathy focuses on the health and well-being of the musculo-skeletal system. Techniques range from the extremely gentle pressure of cranial osteopathy to high velocity thrusts to mobilize certain joints. ... read more
- Reflexology is particularly beneficial for the treatment of stress related problems that have become physical such as irritable bowel syndrome, headaches, muscular and joint pain and any other condition that is not responding to conventional treatment. ... read more
- Reiki is especially helpful for pain of unknown origin, there are no known negative side effects and it can prove a beneficial treatment for anyone feeling overwhelmed, stuck, stressed or frustrated. ... read more