Sometimes we all need someone to talk to; more importantly we need someone who will really listen to what we are saying and help us to understand how we feel about life. Counselling provides a non-judgemental, supportive environment for you to explore the more challenging aspects of life. By talking to someone who is not directly involved in your life it is easier to be honest and objective; with our family and friends it is often difficult to be completely honest because we are worried about upsetting someone or hurting their feelings. This in turn leaves us feeling stuck or worried that maybe we are a bad person, these feelings can eat away at us, threatening our relationships and making it difficult to cope.
Sessions generally last between 50-60 minutes and are held weekly to begin with, as you begin to feel more positive about life you can choose the frequency of sessions that is right for you.
The success of counselling depends very much on the relationship between you and your therapist and it may be necessary to see more than one before you find the right counsellor for you.
Our counsellors will always offer a free initial consultation to help you decide if you can work together.
Therapists who provide Counselling at The Therapy Room Cambridge
- Laura Martin is a registered BACP counsellor. Her psychodynamic approach offers space to explore and understand a wide spectrum of difficulties. ... read more
- Ian Molyneux is a Narrative Therapist and Counsellor, registered with the BACP. He works with adults in a collaborative way focusing on personal strengths, values and abilities to find solutions and identify personal preferences to overcome problems and help get life back on track. ... read more
- Tanis Howell is registered BACP counsellor who uses a mix and match style (also known as an ”integrative approach”) She offers clients time to talk in a safe and confidential environment. ... read more
- Angela Lattimore is an Integrated Health Practitioner specialising in mind/body related issues, using Psychotherapy, Hynotherapy, reflexology amongst other approaches. ... read more
- David Moat is an experienced psychotherapist and hypnotherapist, and over 25 years experience of working with autism. ... read more
- Christine Schneider is a clinical psychologist, counsellor and psychotherapist, working with individuals, couples and families. She also offers supervision. (HCPC, UKRCP, BACP accred.) ... read more