Enjoy those precious nine months…
Touch can convey comfort, inner calm & provide emotional support during pregnancy when your body is under stress.
Pregnancy massage is a popular complementary therapy during pregnancy for pain, when choices for pain relief, such as medication, are often limited.
Taking care of you:
- Help ease labour pain, relaxation is one of the keys to labour & delivery
- Relaxation and stress reduction
- Relief from cramp, spasms and myofascial pain, especially in the back, nick, hips and legs
- Increase blood and lymph circulation, which can in turn reduce swelling
- Reduction of stress on weight-bearing joints
- Enhances the pliability of skin and skin tissues
- Has been found to reduce anxiety and depression
Most women find it uncomfortable to lie face down right from the
start of pregnancy . Your massage will be carried out on a traditional massage table where you will lie on your side with pillows & wedges for comfort & support. You will need to disrobe for your massage and towels/throws etc will be provided for your modesty, warmth & comfort.
You will receive a consultation where your needs and preferences will be taken into consideration.
Pregnancy massage itself is a very gentle treatment using classic massage techniques tailored for the expectant mother’s needs. It also helps prepare the body for childbirth by helping loosen the pelvis and rid the body of excess tension prior to the onset of labour.
Experience pregnancy massage with a fully trained therapist.
“On becoming pregnant I have experienced regular restlessness & discomfort whilst trying to sleep. I was surprised after my first massage to have a sound night sleep. Regular massages have meant that I now experience at least one good night sleep per week!”