Alcoholism Treatment Cambridge
- Are you concerned that your drinking might be heading towards alcoholism?
- Is it taking you to frightening places you would rather not be?
- Do you use it as means to escape from your anxieties and depressions?
- Do you want to stop but find it impossible to imagine your life without alcohol?
If the answer to these questions is yes then you may have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol that could be damaging you physically as well as psychologically.
Alcohol gives the illusion of making you feel better, more confident or better able to cope with life, but in reality it can lead many into feelings of hopelessness, loneliness and isolation. This can cause low self-esteem, leading to the seeking of an inferior environment, and feelings that there is no escape from it or even yourself. You may be aware you are drinking too much but don’t know what actions to take to feel content without it.
Recovery is possible! By working on your self-esteem and belief in a better future free from dependency, you can have better relationships with yourself, your friends and your family that are impossible while you have a relationship with alcohol.
Therapies for Alcoholism
- Clinical Psychologytreats emotional or mental health problems, including depression, anxiety and panic disorders, eating disorders, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)... read more
- Hypnotherapyuses hypnosis as a tool for helping people to achieve greater levels of confidence, better health and increased emotional stability. It is especially recommended for anyone interested in increasing their self-awareness.... read more
- Psychotherapypromotes self awareness to give you a better understanding of why you think and behave the way you do and, more importantly, how you can change it.... read more