Women’s Health Issues Treatment Cambridge
‘Women’s health issues’ is an all encompassing term to describe physical and mental problems specific to females. Common issues include breast cancer, fertility, menopause, hair loss, pregnancy, PMT, contraception and ovarian cancer.
Even if you are taking prescription medication or are under the guidance of a cancer specialist, complementary health approaches can assist and support you. A feeling that you are in charge of your treatment can make a significant difference to your experience; making informed decisions and working with your health care specialists can preserve your self esteem, peace of mind and support a generally more positive outlook.
Here at The Therapy Room we have nutritionists who can assist you to understand hormonal changes and how diet can affect the balance and efficacy of the hormones.
Our osteopaths and chiropractors can provide support for spinal and pelvic issues resulting from or arising during pregnancy and birth.
Acupuncture, Kinesiology and CKT can help to regulate your meridian energies and ensure optimal flow around your body at all times and especially during life changes.
Pregnancy Massage is especially helpful for all the physical changes your body goes through as your baby develops, and restores following the birth.
The psychological effects of life changes, diagnoses of cancer and other chronic illnesses can be supported by talking with our excellent psychologists, counsellors, EFT and hypnotherapists. Many women feel they have to struggle to cope all alone, and it can be frightening and debilitating when you feel that you cannot or don’t want to turn to your family for support, out of a fear that it would place too much burden on them. So having a confidential place to share your worries and work through concerns and fears can be so helpful to find your clarity about what choices you are making for your own health. For women, welfare care can be as important as health care.
Therapies for Help with Women’s Health Issues
- Acupuncturebenefits the improvement of physical health conditions as well as affective disorders and instills a feeling of increased mental clarity... read more
- CKT Chirokinetic Therapyassists with correcting imbalances and redirecting energy to depleted areas. It has been shown to be particularly good at dealing with allergies... read more
- Corrective Holistic Exercise KinesiologyThe CHEK system is multidisciplinary; therefore, it prioritises your personal programme according to your financial and time commitments to address the areas that will give you the greatest long-term reward.... read more
- Customised Nutritionlooks at your metabolic type in order to increase energy and mental clarity, relieve cravings & hunger between meals, provide improved digestion & immunity, excellence in athletics, a decrease in fatigue, anxiety & even depression. Ideal weight can be achieved without a struggle and you can prevent and reverse many degenerative conditions.... read more
- Functional Health Careassesses your current health and wellbeing and the practitioner can advise you on the various options available. Your assessment will be thorough and in depth and look at your health, diet, lifestyle, posture, fitness, happiness and coping abilities.... read more
- Kinesiologyis quick, gentle and non-invasive form of therapy and will help you discover how your body is feeling about the life you are living. By bringing your attention to how your body is responding it makes it easier to know what is right for you.... read more
- McTimoney ChiropracticIf you suffer with pain in the back, shoulders, neck or general pain, discomfort or stiffness in the joints then you should consider McTimoney Chiropractic treatment. It is suitable for almost everyone including babies, children, pregnant women (except in the first trimester), the elderly, and adults of all ages.... read more
- Nutrition & Lifestyle ConsultationsA qualified nutritionist can offer advice for you as a unique individual in accordance with your lifestyle, budget and goals and aspirations for your health and well-being.... read more
- Osteopathyfocuses on the health and well-being of the musculo-skeletal system. Techniques range from the extremely gentle pressure of cranial osteopathy to high velocity thrusts to mobilize certain joints.... read more
- Pregnancy Massageis a very gentle treatment using classic massage techniques tailored for the expectant mother’s needs. It also helps prepare the body for childbirth by helping loosen the pelvis and rid the body of excess tension prior to the onset of labour.... read more