Despite gaining a mystical image as a result of the exploits of showmen, hypnotherapy is supported by scientific evidence and has gained respect from the medical profession.
Hypnosis is a state of deep relaxation achieved by the language and communication skills of the trained therapist and the imagination and cooperation of the willing client. It is a perfectly natural state that you experience on a daily basis, you just don’t call it hypnosis. It is not possible to get stuck in hypnosis, the worst that will happen is you fall asleep!
Hypnosis is only used after rapport and trust has been established between the client and therapist. It is not something that is done to you, it is something you allow to happen.
Once in this state the power of your subconscious mind can be used to reduce or eliminate unwanted habits and behaviours, for example alcoholism and quitting smoking increase self-esteem or release repressed emotional pain.
Hypnosis is a wonderful tool for therapy helping people to achieve greater levels of confidence, better health and increased emotional stability. It is especially recommended for anyone interested in increasing their self-awareness.
|Angela Lattimore||£50||1 hour|
|David Moat||£50||1 hour|
|Christina Perritt||£80||90 mins|
|Christine Schneider||£80||1 hour|
|Lynne Wilkins||£50||60 mins||£75||90 mins||£100||120 mins|
Therapists who provide Hypnotherapy at The Therapy Room Cambridge
- Angela Lattimore is an Integrated Health Practitioner specialising in mind/body related issues, using Psychotherapy, Hynotherapy, reflexology amongst other approaches. ... read more
- David Moat is an experienced psychotherapist and hypnotherapist, and over 25 years experience of working with autism. ... read more
- Christina Perritt is a Cognitive Hypnotherapist, EFT Practitioner, Reiki Master and Cancer Coach working with anxiety, depression, relationships, phobias, grief, confidence. (CNHC, NCH, DSB checked) ... read more
- Christine Schneider is a clinical psychologist, counsellor and psychotherapist, working with individuals, couples and families. She also offers supervision. (HCPC, UKRCP, BACP accred.) ... read more
- Lynne Wilkins is a qualified Cognitive Hypnotherapist and Career Coach who can help with a wide range of personal and work-based issues – she loves helping you turn frazzle into dazzle ... read more