Diabetes Treatment In Cambridge
Diabetes is a long-term (chronic) condition caused by too much glucose (sugar) in the blood. It is also known as diabetes mellitus.
Diabetes mellitus often referred to simply as diabetes, is a syndrome of disordered metabolism, usually due to a combination of hereditary and environmental causes, resulting in abnormally high blood sugar levels (hyperglycemia). Sugar levels are controlled by hormones made in the beta cells of the pancreas.
The two most common forms of diabetes are due to either a diminished production of hormones (in type 1) or a diminished response by the body to the hormones produced (in type 2 and gestational). Both lead to hyperglycemia, which largely causes the acute signs of diabetes such as excessive urine production (with resulting compensatory thirst and increased fluid intake), blurred vision, unexplained weight loss, lethargy and changes in energy metabolism.
in is usually sustained for a few minutes or even up to 10 minutes when whole muscles or muscle groups go into spasm. The lower limbs are almost invariably involved.
Therapies for Help with Diabetes
- Comprehensive Functional Blood Test can reveal significant markers for health or disease in a variety of systems in the body and this may lead to further investigation if anything significant arises from testing. ... read more
- Corrective Holistic Exercise Kinesiology The CHEK system is multidisciplinary; therefore, it prioritises your personal programme according to your financial and time commitments to address the areas that will give you the greatest long-term reward. ... read more
- Customised Nutrition looks at your metabolic type in order to increase energy and mental clarity, relieve cravings & hunger between meals, provide improved digestion & immunity, excellence in athletics, a decrease in fatigue, anxiety & even depression. Ideal weight can be achieved without a struggle and you can prevent and reverse many degenerative conditions. ... read more
- Functional Health Care assesses your current health and wellbeing and the practitioner can advise you on the various options available. Your assessment will be thorough and in depth and look at your health, diet, lifestyle, posture, fitness, happiness and coping abilities. ... read more
- Nutrition & Lifestyle Consultations A qualified nutritionist can offer advice for you as a unique individual in accordance with your lifestyle, budget and goals and aspirations for your health and well-being. ... read more
- Western Herbal Medicine is a particularly good approach for chronic conditions and ill health that is ill-defined by general practice, as we step back and take time to really investigate how the whole body interacts and impacts on symptoms ... read more