Fear Treatment Cambridge
Fear is an emotional response to threats and danger. Fear should be distinguished from anxiety, which typically occurs without any external threat. Additionally, fear is related to the specific behaviors of escape and avoidance, whereas anxiety is the result of threats that are perceived to be uncontrollable or unavoidable.
Fear is often connected to pain (for example, some people fear heights because, if they fall, they may suffer severe injury or even die upon landing). Many theorists, such as Watson and Ekman, have suggested that fear is one of several basic, innate emotions (along with things like joy and anger) but it may also be thought of as a survival mechanism, usually occurring in response to a specific negative stimulus.
Therapies for Help with Fear
- Clinical Psychologytreats emotional or mental health problems, including depression, anxiety and panic disorders, eating disorders, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)... read more
- EFT Emotional Freedom Techniqueis a type of energy psychology therapy where you can release emotional tension through tapping acupuncture points on your face and upper body. The thought behind all forms of energy psychology therapy is that the cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the body’s energy system.... read more
- Functional Health Careassesses your current health and wellbeing and the practitioner can advise you on the various options available. Your assessment will be thorough and in depth and look at your health, diet, lifestyle, posture, fitness, happiness and coping abilities.... read more
- Hypnotherapyuses hypnosis as a tool for helping people to achieve greater levels of confidence, better health and increased emotional stability. It is especially recommended for anyone interested in increasing their self-awareness.... read more
- Psychotherapypromotes self awareness to give you a better understanding of why you think and behave the way you do and, more importantly, how you can change it.... read more
- Reflexologyis particularly beneficial for the treatment of stress related problems that have become physical such as irritable bowel syndrome, headaches, muscular and joint pain and any other condition that is not responding to conventional treatment.... read more