Quit Smoking Treatment Cambridge
If you smoke, giving up is probably the greatest single step you can take to improve your health. In the UK, approximately 10 million adults (about a quarter of the population) smoke cigarettes. 25% of men in the UK are smokers, compared with 23% of women.
Smoking is one of the biggest causes of death and illness in the UK. Every year, around 114,000 smokers die from smoking-related diseases, such as heart disease and lung cancer. About 70% of smokers say that they want to stop smoking, but most believe they are unable to do so. However, around half of all smokers eventually manage to give up.
Therapies for Help with Giving Up Smoking
- Acupuncture benefits the improvement of physical health conditions as well as affective disorders and instills a feeling of increased mental clarity ... read more
- Alexander Technique offers skills to prevent pain & discomfort and to rediscover your natural balance. It is recommended that you have a series of lessons which will allow you to thoroughly understand and absorb the technique which will help you to experience good use and free you from unhelpful habits. ... read more
- Aromatherapy is beneficial for many emotional and physical conditions especially those related to stress, hormonal changes, depression and sensitivity. ... read more
- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy can enable the body to release areas of restriction in its own way and at its own pace restoring natural rhythms. ... read more
- Bodywork and Movement Therapy is usually a very gentle, subtle and effective therapy that treats and suits a wide variety of problems ... read more
- CBT Cognitive Behavioural Therapy tends to be a lot more directive with sessions focusing on very practical issues. A CBT therapist may give you specific exercises and ‘homework’ to do in between sessions, and you won’t generally have as much of an opportunity to explore your feelings and any underlying issues that may have triggered your crisis. ... read more
- CKT Chirokinetic Therapy assists with correcting imbalances and redirecting energy to depleted areas. It has been shown to be particularly good at dealing with allergies ... read more
- Clinical Psychology treats emotional or mental health problems, including depression, anxiety and panic disorders, eating disorders, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) ... read more
- Comprehensive Functional Blood Test can reveal significant markers for health or disease in a variety of systems in the body and this may lead to further investigation if anything significant arises from testing. ... read more
- Corrective Holistic Exercise Kinesiology The CHEK system is multidisciplinary; therefore, it prioritises your personal programme according to your financial and time commitments to address the areas that will give you the greatest long-term reward. ... read more