Menopause Treatment Cambridge
The menopause is the name given to the end of menstruation (periods). It is also sometimes referred to colloquially as ‘the change of life’ or just ‘the change’. In the UK, the average age for a woman to start going through the menopause is 52.
The menopause involves the end of egg production (ovulation), which occurs as a result of falling levels of the female sex hormone, oestrogen, which regulates menstruation.
A woman is said to have reached the menopause once she has not had a period for one year. After this point, she can be described as post-menopausal. The length of time leading up to the menopause is known as the peri-menopause stage.
During the peri-menopause, the hormonal and biological changes that are associated with the menopause begin. As a result of these hormonal changes, many women experience both physical and emotional symptoms.
If the menopause occurs in a woman who is under 45 years of age, it is known as a premature menopause. It is estimated that premature menopause affects approximately 1% of women under the age of 40 and 0.1% of women who are under the age of 30.
Most women reach the menopause without seeking medical advice. However, treatments are available that can ease menopausal symptoms, which can be severe or distressing.
Therapies for Help with Menopause Symptoms
- Clinical Psychologytreats emotional or mental health problems, including depression, anxiety and panic disorders, eating disorders, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)... read more
- Corrective Holistic Exercise KinesiologyThe CHEK system is multidisciplinary; therefore, it prioritises your personal programme according to your financial and time commitments to address the areas that will give you the greatest long-term reward.... read more
- Counsellingprovides a non-judgemental, supportive environment for you to explore the more challenging aspects of life.... read more
- Functional Health Careassesses your current health and wellbeing and the practitioner can advise you on the various options available. Your assessment will be thorough and in depth and look at your health, diet, lifestyle, posture, fitness, happiness and coping abilities.... read more
- Homeopathyis a system of medicine which is based on treating the individual with highly diluted substances given in mainly tablet form, which triggers the body’s natural system of healing.... read more
- Kinesiologyis quick, gentle and non-invasive form of therapy and will help you discover how your body is feeling about the life you are living. By bringing your attention to how your body is responding it makes it easier to know what is right for you.... read more
- Psychotherapypromotes self awareness to give you a better understanding of why you think and behave the way you do and, more importantly, how you can change it.... read more
- Western Herbal Medicineis a particularly good approach for chronic conditions and ill health that is ill-defined by general practice, as we step back and take time to really investigate how the whole body interacts and impacts on symptoms... read more