Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Treatment Cambridge
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) is long-term tiredness (fatigue) that does not go away with sleep, or rest, and affects everyday life.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is also known as ME (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis). Myalgia is muscle pain and encephalomyelitis is inflammation of the brain and spinal cord. ME is a commonly used term, although it can be thought to be too specific to cover all the symptoms.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is the term that is often used to describe long-term tiredness by GPs and medical professionals. This is because in the majority of cases, the main symptom is chronic fatigue. This is usually the preferred term, rather than ME. In Chronic Fatigue Syndrome there is little evidence that inflammation of the brain and spinal cord occurs.
ME is often the preferred term of people who have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. This is due to the fact that they feel fatigue is too general and does not reflect the severity and the different types of fatigue. In addition, it is felt that even though fatigue may occur in most cases, it is not the main or only symptom sufferers experience.
It is estimated that 150,000 people in the UK have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Anyone can get Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, although it is more common in women than men. It usually develops in the early twenties to mid-forties but children can also be affected, most commonly between the ages of 13-15
Therapies for Help with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapycan enable the body to release areas of restriction in its own way and at its own pace restoring natural rhythms.... read more
- Bodywork and Movement Therapyis usually a very gentle, subtle and effective therapy that treats and suits a wide variety of problems... read more
- Clinical Psychologytreats emotional or mental health problems, including depression, anxiety and panic disorders, eating disorders, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)... read more
- Comprehensive Functional Blood Testcan reveal significant markers for health or disease in a variety of systems in the body and this may lead to further investigation if anything significant arises from testing.... read more
- Corrective Holistic Exercise KinesiologyThe CHEK system is multidisciplinary; therefore, it prioritises your personal programme according to your financial and time commitments to address the areas that will give you the greatest long-term reward.... read more
- Customised Nutritionlooks at your metabolic type in order to increase energy and mental clarity, relieve cravings & hunger between meals, provide improved digestion & immunity, excellence in athletics, a decrease in fatigue, anxiety & even depression. Ideal weight can be achieved without a struggle and you can prevent and reverse many degenerative conditions.... read more
- Functional Health Careassesses your current health and wellbeing and the practitioner can advise you on the various options available. Your assessment will be thorough and in depth and look at your health, diet, lifestyle, posture, fitness, happiness and coping abilities.... read more
- Kinesiologyis quick, gentle and non-invasive form of therapy and will help you discover how your body is feeling about the life you are living. By bringing your attention to how your body is responding it makes it easier to know what is right for you.... read more
- Nutrition & Lifestyle ConsultationsA qualified nutritionist can offer advice for you as a unique individual in accordance with your lifestyle, budget and goals and aspirations for your health and well-being.... read more
- Psychotherapypromotes self awareness to give you a better understanding of why you think and behave the way you do and, more importantly, how you can change it.... read more