Slipped Disc Treatment Cambridge
A spinal disc herniation, colloquially called a “slipped disc”, is a medical condition affecting the spine in which a tear in the outer, fibrous ring (annulus fibrosus) of an intervertarbal disc allows the soft, central portion (nucleus pulposus) to bulge out. This tear in the disc ring may result in the release of inflammatory chemical mediators, which may directly cause severe pain even in the absence of nerve root compression. This is the rationale for the use of anti-inflammatory treatments for pain associated with disc herniation, protrusion, bulge or disc tears.
Therapies for Help with Disc Issues or Slipped Disc
- Alexander Techniqueoffers skills to prevent pain & discomfort and to rediscover your natural balance. It is recommended that you have a series of lessons which will allow you to thoroughly understand and absorb the technique which will help you to experience good use and free you from unhelpful habits.... read more
- CKT Chirokinetic Therapyassists with correcting imbalances and redirecting energy to depleted areas. It has been shown to be particularly good at dealing with allergies... read more
- Corrective Holistic Exercise KinesiologyThe CHEK system is multidisciplinary; therefore, it prioritises your personal programme according to your financial and time commitments to address the areas that will give you the greatest long-term reward.... read more
- McTimoney ChiropracticIf you suffer with pain in the back, shoulders, neck or general pain, discomfort or stiffness in the joints then you should consider McTimoney Chiropractic treatment. It is suitable for almost everyone including babies, children, pregnant women (except in the first trimester), the elderly, and adults of all ages.... read more
- Osteopathyfocuses on the health and well-being of the musculo-skeletal system. Techniques range from the extremely gentle pressure of cranial osteopathy to high velocity thrusts to mobilize certain joints.... read more