Stress Treatment Cambridge
Stress is a term used to describe the symptoms a person experiences when feeling under pressure or threatened. It is essentially the body responding naturally to a perceived threat by something called the fight or flight response. In this mechanism the body releases chemicals that allow you to fight or run away from the source of ‘danger’. Modern day living provides plenty of potential threats to our well-being without much opportunity to either fight or run away, leaving us with a confused body feeling stressed.
Complementary therapies can help you to deal with whatever is causing you to feel stressed. Providing some time out in a calm environment allows your body to relax and unwind, sometimes this is all that is needed to get a different perspective on a problem.
Psychotherapeutic techniques can help you to understand why you are getting stressed by certain situations and how you can learn techniques to respond differently.
Long-term stress is unhealthy and can affect immune response and hormonal functioning and is thought to be an influence in many life threatening illnesses.
Therapies for Help with Stress
- Clinical Psychologytreats emotional or mental health problems, including depression, anxiety and panic disorders, eating disorders, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)... read more
- EFT Emotional Freedom Techniqueis a type of energy psychology therapy where you can release emotional tension through tapping acupuncture points on your face and upper body. The thought behind all forms of energy psychology therapy is that the cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the body’s energy system.... read more
- Functional Health Careassesses your current health and wellbeing and the practitioner can advise you on the various options available. Your assessment will be thorough and in depth and look at your health, diet, lifestyle, posture, fitness, happiness and coping abilities.... read more
- Hypnotherapyuses hypnosis as a tool for helping people to achieve greater levels of confidence, better health and increased emotional stability. It is especially recommended for anyone interested in increasing their self-awareness.... read more
- Kinesiologyis quick, gentle and non-invasive form of therapy and will help you discover how your body is feeling about the life you are living. By bringing your attention to how your body is responding it makes it easier to know what is right for you.... read more
- Psychotherapypromotes self awareness to give you a better understanding of why you think and behave the way you do and, more importantly, how you can change it.... read more
- Western Herbal Medicineis a particularly good approach for chronic conditions and ill health that is ill-defined by general practice, as we step back and take time to really investigate how the whole body interacts and impacts on symptoms... read more