Jaw Problems Treatment Cambridge
The tempro-mandibular (jaw) joint is unique within the human body; it is a complex joint and can give rise to painful problems. The first port of call in Complementary Health is Osteopathy or Chiroprody to check the alignment of the joints and also the state of the joints in the neck that may affect the functioning of the jaw.
Problems of the jaw usually present with pain, clicking, crunching, aching or tiredness especially when eating or talking.
The jaw also has psychologically links, where issues of repressed emotion, especially anger, are indicated. In circumstances such as these, psychotherapy or counselling may help.
Please note that in cases of jaw problmes, it is advisable to seek advice from your dentist.
Therapies for Help with Jaw Problems
- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy can enable the body to release areas of restriction in its own way and at its own pace restoring natural rhythms. ... read more
- Bodywork and Movement Therapy is usually a very gentle, subtle and effective therapy that treats and suits a wide variety of problems ... read more
- CKT Chirokinetic Therapy assists with correcting imbalances and redirecting energy to depleted areas. It has been shown to be particularly good at dealing with allergies ... read more
- Corrective Holistic Exercise Kinesiology The CHEK system is multidisciplinary; therefore, it prioritises your personal programme according to your financial and time commitments to address the areas that will give you the greatest long-term reward. ... read more
- Functional Health Care assesses your current health and wellbeing and the practitioner can advise you on the various options available. Your assessment will be thorough and in depth and look at your health, diet, lifestyle, posture, fitness, happiness and coping abilities. ... read more
- Kinesiology is quick, gentle and non-invasive form of therapy and will help you discover how your body is feeling about the life you are living. By bringing your attention to how your body is responding it makes it easier to know what is right for you. ... read more
- McTimoney Chiropractic If you suffer with pain in the back, shoulders, neck or general pain, discomfort or stiffness in the joints then you should consider McTimoney Chiropractic treatment. It is suitable for almost everyone including babies, children, pregnant women (except in the first trimester), the elderly, and adults of all ages. ... read more
- Osteopathy focuses on the health and well-being of the musculo-skeletal system. Techniques range from the extremely gentle pressure of cranial osteopathy to high velocity thrusts to mobilize certain joints. ... read more