Scoliosis Treatment Cambridge
Scoliosis is an abnormal curvature of the spine to one side. In those who have the condition, the spine bends either to the left or to the right. The bend can occur at any point along the spine, from the top to the bottom. The curvature can also vary from slight to severe. However, the chest area (thoracic scoliosis) and the lower part of the back (lumbar scoliosis) are the most common regions to be affected.
Scoliosis can develop at any time during childhood and adolescence. It is more common in girls than boys, most commonly occurring at the start of adolescence.
In approximately 80% of scoliosis cases, the causes are unknown (idiopathic).
Scoliosis is normally not a serious condition, but treatment is essential. Left untreated, the curve of the spine can worsen and cause damage to the spine, chest, pelvis, heart and lungs.
Therapies for Help with Scoliosis
- Alexander Technique offers skills to prevent pain & discomfort and to rediscover your natural balance. It is recommended that you have a series of lessons which will allow you to thoroughly understand and absorb the technique which will help you to experience good use and free you from unhelpful habits. ... read more
- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy can enable the body to release areas of restriction in its own way and at its own pace restoring natural rhythms. ... read more
- Bodywork and Movement Therapy is usually a very gentle, subtle and effective therapy that treats and suits a wide variety of problems ... read more
- CKT Chirokinetic Therapy assists with correcting imbalances and redirecting energy to depleted areas. It has been shown to be particularly good at dealing with allergies ... read more
- Corrective Holistic Exercise Kinesiology The CHEK system is multidisciplinary; therefore, it prioritises your personal programme according to your financial and time commitments to address the areas that will give you the greatest long-term reward. ... read more
- Functional Health Care assesses your current health and wellbeing and the practitioner can advise you on the various options available. Your assessment will be thorough and in depth and look at your health, diet, lifestyle, posture, fitness, happiness and coping abilities. ... read more
- McTimoney Chiropractic If you suffer with pain in the back, shoulders, neck or general pain, discomfort or stiffness in the joints then you should consider McTimoney Chiropractic treatment. It is suitable for almost everyone including babies, children, pregnant women (except in the first trimester), the elderly, and adults of all ages. ... read more
- Osteopathy focuses on the health and well-being of the musculo-skeletal system. Techniques range from the extremely gentle pressure of cranial osteopathy to high velocity thrusts to mobilize certain joints. ... read more