Anxiety Treatment Cambridge
Anxiety occurs when a person persistently feels fearful, even in situations that are non-threatening, and is thought to be caused by the fight or flight response (see ‘Stress’). Anxiety disorders can be debilitating and depressing and are best treated psychotherapeutically. Once the emotions relating to the anxiety disorder have been discussed any residual fears could also be explored by hypnosis.
The key to improving this situation is to understand the process the sufferer has gone through and allow those fears to be brought into the open. Anxiety disorders can range from mild to severe and it is important that it is the individual that is treated rather than the symptoms. Many people living with anxiety disorders feel that it is as much as they can do to survive each day and the thought of going to a new place to ask for help just intensifies the feelings of anxiety even more.
Anxiety and nervousness have both been linked to issues of self-esteem and can lead to compulsive disorders and panic attacks as well as a range of unpleasant physical symptoms such as sweating, hyperventilation, heart palpitations and eating disorders.
Therapies that can help Anxiety
- Alexander Techniqueoffers skills to prevent pain & discomfort and to rediscover your natural balance. It is recommended that you have a series of lessons which will allow you to thoroughly understand and absorb the technique which will help you to experience good use and free you from unhelpful habits.... read more
- CBT Cognitive Behavioural Therapytends to be a lot more directive with sessions focusing on very practical issues. A CBT therapist may give you specific exercises and ‘homework’ to do in between sessions, and you won’t generally have as much of an opportunity to explore your feelings and any underlying issues that may have triggered your crisis.... read more
- Clinical Psychologytreats emotional or mental health problems, including depression, anxiety and panic disorders, eating disorders, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)... read more
- Comprehensive Functional Blood Testcan reveal significant markers for health or disease in a variety of systems in the body and this may lead to further investigation if anything significant arises from testing.... read more
- Corrective Holistic Exercise KinesiologyThe CHEK system is multidisciplinary; therefore, it prioritises your personal programme according to your financial and time commitments to address the areas that will give you the greatest long-term reward.... read more
- Counsellingprovides a non-judgemental, supportive environment for you to explore the more challenging aspects of life.... read more
- EFT Emotional Freedom Techniqueis a type of energy psychology therapy where you can release emotional tension through tapping acupuncture points on your face and upper body. The thought behind all forms of energy psychology therapy is that the cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the body’s energy system.... read more
- Kinesiologyis quick, gentle and non-invasive form of therapy and will help you discover how your body is feeling about the life you are living. By bringing your attention to how your body is responding it makes it easier to know what is right for you.... read more
- Psychotherapypromotes self awareness to give you a better understanding of why you think and behave the way you do and, more importantly, how you can change it.... read more