Constipation Treatment Cambridge
Constipation is a very common condition that affects people of all ages. When you are constipated, you feel that you are not passing stools (faeces) as often as you normally do, that you have to strain more than usual or that you are unable to completely empty your bowels. Constipation can also cause your stools to be unusually hard, lumpy, large or small.
The severity of constipation can vary greatly. Many people only experience constipation for a short period of time, with no lasting detrimental effects on their health.
For others, constipation can be a chronic (long-term) condition which causes significant pain and discomfort. Chronic constipation can also lead to complications, such as faecal impaction (where dry, hard stools collect in your rectum) or faecal incontinence (where you involuntarily leak liquid stools around solid impacted stools).
The treatment for constipation is usually very effective, although in some cases it can take several months before a regular bowel pattern is re-established.
Constipation affects twice as many women as men and is more common in the elderly. Approximately 40% of pregnant women will also experience constipation during their pregnancy.
Therapies for Help with Constipation
- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy can enable the body to release areas of restriction in its own way and at its own pace restoring natural rhythms. ... read more
- Bodywork and Movement Therapy is usually a very gentle, subtle and effective therapy that treats and suits a wide variety of problems ... read more
- Comprehensive Functional Blood Test can reveal significant markers for health or disease in a variety of systems in the body and this may lead to further investigation if anything significant arises from testing. ... read more
- Corrective Holistic Exercise Kinesiology The CHEK system is multidisciplinary; therefore, it prioritises your personal programme according to your financial and time commitments to address the areas that will give you the greatest long-term reward. ... read more
- Customised Nutrition looks at your metabolic type in order to increase energy and mental clarity, relieve cravings & hunger between meals, provide improved digestion & immunity, excellence in athletics, a decrease in fatigue, anxiety & even depression. Ideal weight can be achieved without a struggle and you can prevent and reverse many degenerative conditions. ... read more
- Functional Health Care assesses your current health and wellbeing and the practitioner can advise you on the various options available. Your assessment will be thorough and in depth and look at your health, diet, lifestyle, posture, fitness, happiness and coping abilities. ... read more
- Hypnotherapy uses hypnosis as a tool for helping people to achieve greater levels of confidence, better health and increased emotional stability. It is especially recommended for anyone interested in increasing their self-awareness. ... read more
- Kinesiology is quick, gentle and non-invasive form of therapy and will help you discover how your body is feeling about the life you are living. By bringing your attention to how your body is responding it makes it easier to know what is right for you. ... read more
- Massage Therapy not only provides relaxation and relief to muscle strain and fatigue, a therapeutic massage may improve your health. The many benefits to massage therapy, including physical, emotional, and physiological improvements in the body ... read more
- Nutrition & Lifestyle Consultations A qualified nutritionist can offer advice for you as a unique individual in accordance with your lifestyle, budget and goals and aspirations for your health and well-being. ... read more