Obesity Treatment Cambridge
Obesity is when a person is carrying too much body fat for their height and gender. A person is considered obese if they have a Body Mass Index (BMI) – weight in kilograms divided by their height in metres squared – of 30 or more. Obesity can happen when you eat more calories than you burn over a period of time.
The rate at which you burn calories from food and drink is known as your metabolic rate. This is often faster during growth spurts and puberty but reaches a fairly steady rate by adulthood.
People who are very active generally have a higher metabolic rate than those who are inactive because they burn off calories faster through energetic activity
Most of us have more food than we need and much of it is higher in calories than the human body was originally designed to cope with. Fast foods, high calorie snacks and large portions all mean it is easy to take in more energy than we need. Obesity has now become one of the most serious medical problems of the Western world.
Therapies for Help with Obesity
- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy can enable the body to release areas of restriction in its own way and at its own pace restoring natural rhythms. ... read more
- Bodywork and Movement Therapy is usually a very gentle, subtle and effective therapy that treats and suits a wide variety of problems ... read more
- Clinical Psychology treats emotional or mental health problems, including depression, anxiety and panic disorders, eating disorders, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) ... read more
- Corrective Holistic Exercise Kinesiology The CHEK system is multidisciplinary; therefore, it prioritises your personal programme according to your financial and time commitments to address the areas that will give you the greatest long-term reward. ... read more
- EFT Emotional Freedom Technique is a type of energy psychology therapy where you can release emotional tension through tapping acupuncture points on your face and upper body. The thought behind all forms of energy psychology therapy is that the cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the body’s energy system. ... read more
- Functional Health Care assesses your current health and wellbeing and the practitioner can advise you on the various options available. Your assessment will be thorough and in depth and look at your health, diet, lifestyle, posture, fitness, happiness and coping abilities. ... read more
- Hypnotherapy uses hypnosis as a tool for helping people to achieve greater levels of confidence, better health and increased emotional stability. It is especially recommended for anyone interested in increasing their self-awareness. ... read more
- Kinesiology is quick, gentle and non-invasive form of therapy and will help you discover how your body is feeling about the life you are living. By bringing your attention to how your body is responding it makes it easier to know what is right for you. ... read more
- Psychotherapy promotes self awareness to give you a better understanding of why you think and behave the way you do and, more importantly, how you can change it. ... read more