Acne Treatment Cambridge
Acne is a common skin condition that affects the hair follicles and the sebaceous glands in the skin, which secrete an oily substance called sebum. Acne commonly on occurs on the face, arms, back and chest.
The onset of acne is usually around puberty, but in a minority of cases it may also start in adulthood. About 80% of teenagers will have some degree of acne between the ages of 13 and 18 years.
In puberty, acne occurs because of changes to hormone levels, which cause the sebaceous glands to produce increased amounts of sebum. Together with dead skin cells, the sebum blocks the hair follicles, which enables the formation of spots ranging from blackheads to painful red nodules.
As with the other physical changes that happen during puberty, acne usually corrects itself over time. It most cases it should get better without treatment. However, in some people this may take many years and can potentially cause permanent scarring, so a variety of treatments are available.
Therapies to treat Acne
- CKT Chirokinetic Therapyassists with correcting imbalances and redirecting energy to depleted areas. It has been shown to be particularly good at dealing with allergies... read more
- Clinical Psychologytreats emotional or mental health problems, including depression, anxiety and panic disorders, eating disorders, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)... read more
- Comprehensive Functional Blood Testcan reveal significant markers for health or disease in a variety of systems in the body and this may lead to further investigation if anything significant arises from testing.... read more
- Corrective Holistic Exercise KinesiologyThe CHEK system is multidisciplinary; therefore, it prioritises your personal programme according to your financial and time commitments to address the areas that will give you the greatest long-term reward.... read more
- Functional Health Careassesses your current health and wellbeing and the practitioner can advise you on the various options available. Your assessment will be thorough and in depth and look at your health, diet, lifestyle, posture, fitness, happiness and coping abilities.... read more
- Kinesiologyis quick, gentle and non-invasive form of therapy and will help you discover how your body is feeling about the life you are living. By bringing your attention to how your body is responding it makes it easier to know what is right for you.... read more
- Massage Therapynot only provides relaxation and relief to muscle strain and fatigue, a therapeutic massage may improve your health. The many benefits to massage therapy, including physical, emotional, and physiological improvements in the body... read more
- McTimoney ChiropracticIf you suffer with pain in the back, shoulders, neck or general pain, discomfort or stiffness in the joints then you should consider McTimoney Chiropractic treatment. It is suitable for almost everyone including babies, children, pregnant women (except in the first trimester), the elderly, and adults of all ages.... read more
- Osteopathyfocuses on the health and well-being of the musculo-skeletal system. Techniques range from the extremely gentle pressure of cranial osteopathy to high velocity thrusts to mobilize certain joints.... read more
- Psychotherapypromotes self awareness to give you a better understanding of why you think and behave the way you do and, more importantly, how you can change it.... read more