Headaches Treatment Cambridge
Headaches are a common disorder associated with stress and anxiety and can range from mild to severe. There may be several reasons for a headache to develop and it is useful to explore these possibilities. Primary causes include stress and tension, fear, anxiety, lack of self-esteem, allergies, muscle spasms, postural problems and injury to the head or neck.
The body always has a reason for doing what it does and a headache means your body is trying to tell you something; maybe a change of diet or lifestyle is needed or maybe it just needs more time out to cope with the demands being asked of it.
Different therapies offer different approaches for the effective treatment of headaches:
- Osteopathy and Chiropractic will look at the mechanics of the head and spine helping to improve the mobility and functioning of the joints and their associated muscles.
- Acupuncture will aim to increase energy flow through the meridians of the body.
- Homeopathy provides remedies that can alleviate certain types of headache.
- Hypnotherapy can help you understand the cause of your headache giving you a better idea of how to treat it.
Severe persistent headaches (especially if accompanied by nausea, vomiting, altered vision, a stiff neck, a fever or sensitivity to bright light) must always be checked by a doctor.
You are more likely to get hay fever if there is a history of allergies in your family, particularly asthma or eczema. Hay fever usually begins in the early teens and peaks when you’re in your twenties. Research shows that many people become less sensitive to pollen as they get older and by the time you reach your mid-forties, hay fever may no longer be a problem.
Therapies for Help with Headaches
- Acupuncture benefits the improvement of physical health conditions as well as affective disorders and instills a feeling of increased mental clarity ... read more
- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy can enable the body to release areas of restriction in its own way and at its own pace restoring natural rhythms. ... read more
- Bodywork and Movement Therapy is usually a very gentle, subtle and effective therapy that treats and suits a wide variety of problems ... read more
- Comprehensive Functional Blood Test can reveal significant markers for health or disease in a variety of systems in the body and this may lead to further investigation if anything significant arises from testing. ... read more
- Corrective Holistic Exercise Kinesiology The CHEK system is multidisciplinary; therefore, it prioritises your personal programme according to your financial and time commitments to address the areas that will give you the greatest long-term reward. ... read more
- Customised Nutrition looks at your metabolic type in order to increase energy and mental clarity, relieve cravings & hunger between meals, provide improved digestion & immunity, excellence in athletics, a decrease in fatigue, anxiety & even depression. Ideal weight can be achieved without a struggle and you can prevent and reverse many degenerative conditions. ... read more
- Functional Health Care assesses your current health and wellbeing and the practitioner can advise you on the various options available. Your assessment will be thorough and in depth and look at your health, diet, lifestyle, posture, fitness, happiness and coping abilities. ... read more
- Hypnotherapy uses hypnosis as a tool for helping people to achieve greater levels of confidence, better health and increased emotional stability. It is especially recommended for anyone interested in increasing their self-awareness. ... read more
- Kinesiology is quick, gentle and non-invasive form of therapy and will help you discover how your body is feeling about the life you are living. By bringing your attention to how your body is responding it makes it easier to know what is right for you. ... read more
- Nutrition & Lifestyle Consultations A qualified nutritionist can offer advice for you as a unique individual in accordance with your lifestyle, budget and goals and aspirations for your health and well-being. ... read more