Addiction Treatment Cambridge
Addiction describes the physical and/or psychological dependency on a drug that has been taken regularly over a period of time. The results can be devastating to personal, professional, home and family life and friends and family of the sufferer are often desperate to find a cure.
It is important to deal with the psychological addiction as successful recovery depends on the state of mind of the addict. External physical treatment will be less effective if the addict still believes they need the drug. Treatment through the complementary health route relies on helping the addict to understand why they feel the need to take a substance that is so destructive to them and strengthening their sense of self so they can feel in control of their own life without the need for artificial mood altering drugs.
Physical addiction requires a gradual reduction of the drug as sudden withdrawal tends to lead to symptoms that are very difficult to cope with.
We are all different so we don’t all respond to the same treatments but dependency is never going to help a person to live life to the full. There will be an answer and with determination the sufferer can be free from crippling addictions. Often the best therapists were addicts themselves once and so have a real understanding of the struggle faced by addicts.
Therapies to treat Addiction
- Acupuncturebenefits the improvement of physical health conditions as well as affective disorders and instills a feeling of increased mental clarity... read more
- Clinical Psychologytreats emotional or mental health problems, including depression, anxiety and panic disorders, eating disorders, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)... read more
- Corrective Holistic Exercise KinesiologyThe CHEK system is multidisciplinary; therefore, it prioritises your personal programme according to your financial and time commitments to address the areas that will give you the greatest long-term reward.... read more
- EFT Emotional Freedom Techniqueis a type of energy psychology therapy where you can release emotional tension through tapping acupuncture points on your face and upper body. The thought behind all forms of energy psychology therapy is that the cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the body’s energy system.... read more
- Functional Health Careassesses your current health and wellbeing and the practitioner can advise you on the various options available. Your assessment will be thorough and in depth and look at your health, diet, lifestyle, posture, fitness, happiness and coping abilities.... read more
- Hypnotherapyuses hypnosis as a tool for helping people to achieve greater levels of confidence, better health and increased emotional stability. It is especially recommended for anyone interested in increasing their self-awareness.... read more
- Kinesiologyis quick, gentle and non-invasive form of therapy and will help you discover how your body is feeling about the life you are living. By bringing your attention to how your body is responding it makes it easier to know what is right for you.... read more
- Psychotherapypromotes self awareness to give you a better understanding of why you think and behave the way you do and, more importantly, how you can change it.... read more
- Reflexologyis particularly beneficial for the treatment of stress related problems that have become physical such as irritable bowel syndrome, headaches, muscular and joint pain and any other condition that is not responding to conventional treatment.... read more