Knee Problems Treatment Cambridge
Often knee problems are the result of an injury, such as a ruptured ligament or torn cartilage. But some medical conditions can also bring you to your knees, including arthritis, gout and infections.
Depending on the type and severity of damage, knee pain can be a minor annoyance causing an occasional twinge when you kneel down or exercise strenuously. Alternatively, knee pain can lead to severe discomfort and disability.
Many relatively minor instances of knee pain respond well to self-care measures. But more serious injuries, such as a ruptured ligament or tendon, may require surgical repair.
Although every knee problem can’t be prevented, especially if you’re an active person, you can take certain steps to reduce the risk of injury or disease and Complementary Health techniques can help you to find out how.
Therapies for Help with Knee Problems
- Acupuncturebenefits the improvement of physical health conditions as well as affective disorders and instills a feeling of increased mental clarity... read more
- Alexander Techniqueoffers skills to prevent pain & discomfort and to rediscover your natural balance. It is recommended that you have a series of lessons which will allow you to thoroughly understand and absorb the technique which will help you to experience good use and free you from unhelpful habits.... read more
- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapycan enable the body to release areas of restriction in its own way and at its own pace restoring natural rhythms.... read more
- Bodywork and Movement Therapyis usually a very gentle, subtle and effective therapy that treats and suits a wide variety of problems... read more
- CKT Chirokinetic Therapyassists with correcting imbalances and redirecting energy to depleted areas. It has been shown to be particularly good at dealing with allergies... read more
- Corrective Holistic Exercise KinesiologyThe CHEK system is multidisciplinary; therefore, it prioritises your personal programme according to your financial and time commitments to address the areas that will give you the greatest long-term reward.... read more
- Functional Health Careassesses your current health and wellbeing and the practitioner can advise you on the various options available. Your assessment will be thorough and in depth and look at your health, diet, lifestyle, posture, fitness, happiness and coping abilities.... read more
- Kinesiologyis quick, gentle and non-invasive form of therapy and will help you discover how your body is feeling about the life you are living. By bringing your attention to how your body is responding it makes it easier to know what is right for you.... read more
- Massage Therapynot only provides relaxation and relief to muscle strain and fatigue, a therapeutic massage may improve your health. The many benefits to massage therapy, including physical, emotional, and physiological improvements in the body... read more
- McTimoney ChiropracticIf you suffer with pain in the back, shoulders, neck or general pain, discomfort or stiffness in the joints then you should consider McTimoney Chiropractic treatment. It is suitable for almost everyone including babies, children, pregnant women (except in the first trimester), the elderly, and adults of all ages.... read more